Skull Base and Spinal Anatomy Skills Center
Dr. Giannotta believes that it is important to pass one’s skills along to the next generation. He serves as professor at:
- LA General County Hospital, made up of USC Departments of Neurosurgery and Neuropathology
- The Skull Base and Spinal Anatomy Skills Center, a joint dissection laboratory and training center
At the Skull Base and Spinal Anatomy Skills Center, residents perform typical dissections for surgical training in neuropathology. As the center’s professor, Dr. Giannotta is focused on training young residents in neuroanatomy and developing their surgical skills.
The curriculum also includes training in endoscopy, where students gain a greater understanding of microanatomical detail in their surgical experience at the center.
In addition to his work with the Skull Base and Spinal Anatomy Skills Center, Dr. Giannotta has been awarded research grants for the following:
- Cerebral Aneurysm Rerupture Study, University of California, San Francisco
- Familial Intracranial Aneurysm, University of Cincinnati
- Hypothermia During Intracranial Aneurysm Surgery, University of Iowa
When you need an expert opinion on your brain and spine health, call neurosurgeon Steven L. Giannotta, MD, at 323.442.5720. Or use our convenient online Request an Appointment form to reserve your visit. We serve the residents of Beverly Hills, Downtown, Los Angeles, Pasadena, Alhambra and close-by locations.